The Philadelphia Flyers dropped their 4th straight game Saturday night at the Wells Fargo Center. Losing to the Toronto Maple Leafs 6-3.
The Flyers came out & jumped on the Maple Leafs early. Outshooting the Maple Leafs 5-0 over the first four minutes of the game. Finishing the 1st period with a 11-6 shot advantage.
In the 2nd period, the Flyers would strike first. A goal resulting from a great forecheck by the top line.
Kevin Hayes would slap home a cross-ice pass from Ivan Provorov. Oskar Lindblom would win a puck battle along the boards and get the puck to Provorov.
Just over the halfway mark, Toronto would tie the game. Former Flyer Wayne Simmonds would squeak one by Carter Hart on a break-away.
Toronto would then take the lead just 49-seconds later. Timonthy Liljergen’s point shot would bounce off the end boards & off of Carter Hart’s stick for the goal.
The Flyers would answer late in the period. Kevin Hayes would repay the favor to Ivan Provorov. Setting up Provorov from behind the net in the slot for the goal.
With 12:19 left in the 3rd period, Toronto would get their first of four 3rd period goals. Scoring four goals in a span of 8:08.
Carter Hart stopped 22 of the 28 shots fired his way in the loss.
- Keith Yandle was a healthy scratch tonight. Ending his consecutive game streak at 989 games. A NHL record.
- Kevin Hayes finished with two points. Scoring his 8th goal & adding his 15th assist on the season.
- Ivan Provorov finished with three points. Scoring goals 6 & 7 on the season. While also adding his 16th assist on the season.
- The Flyers stuck with the Maple Leafs for 48-minutes. Over the final 12-minutes, the Leafs scored 4-goals.
- Carter Hart had a night to forget in his return. Finishing with just 22-saves on 28-shots.
- Former Flyer Wayne Simmonds scored Toronto’s first goal on the night. Simmonds finished his night with a fight against Zach MacEwen. The decision going to Simmonds.
Ronnie Attard NHL Debut
Ronnie Attard, the Flyers 3rd round pick in 2019, made his NHL debut tonight. Attard was the 6th Flyers player to make his NHL debut this season.
After his Western Michigan season came to an end, Attard signed his entry-level contract on Wednesday.
In his debut, Attard played 15:53.
Result : Maple Leafs 6 – Flyers 3 , LOSS
Record : 21 – 35 – 11
Next Game : Sunday 4/3 vs New York Rangers , New York NY , 7:00pm
PHOTO CREDIT: Len Redkoles – Getty Images