The Philadelphia Flyers won back-to-back games for just the 7th time this season. Beating the Vegas Golden Knights 2-1 Tuesday night at the Wells Fargo Center.
In search of just their 7th back-to-back win of the season, the Flyers had a start to forget. Barely being able to make it to the red-line throughout the first 10-minutes of the game.
However, on their first sustained shift in the Vegas zone, the Flyers would score.
Justin Braun’s point shot would make it thru four players – two from each team – and past Robin Lehner. It was Braun’s 5th goal of the season. Tying his career high.
After two horrible power-plays by the Flyers, Oskar Lindblom would give the Flyers a 2-0 lead.
Lindblom would take a Scott Laughton feed & beat Robin Lehner to the post on the wrap around attempt. It was Lindblom’s 10th goal in his last 34-games.
Much like the 2nd periods the Flyers have had in recent games, tonight was pretty much the same.
The Flyers fell into their old habits once again. Vegas took advantage of the Flyers sloppiness & laziness with a dominant middle period.
During the 2nd period, the Golden Knights cut the lead in half with a power-play goal by Evgeni Dadonov. As well as, outshooting the Flyers 16-8.
In the 3rd period, it would be all Vegas. But, Carter Hart stood tall. Stopping all 16-shots fired his way in the 3rd period.
Carter Hart stopped 47 of the 48 shots he faced in the win.
- In games that end 2-1, the Flyers are now 5-1-1.
- Scott Laughton was awarded an assist on both Flyers goals. In his past 23-games, Laughton has 5-goals & 14-assists.
- Oskar Lindblom scored his 10th goal of the season. In his past 34-games, Lindblom has 10-goals & 11-assists.
- Justin Braun scored his 5th goal of the season in the 1st period. Braun’s 5th goal of the season ties his career high in goals for a season.
- Carter Hart finished the night with 47-saves. A season high for Hart who earned his 11th win of the season.
- Rasmus Ristolainen had a team high 6-blocks. A season high for Ristolainen. Golden Knights Shea Theodore led all players with 7-blocks.
Carter Hart Stand Tall
Carter Hart has been playing much better in net as of late. Mainly due to the support that is now being supplied in-front of him.
However, tonight Hart was the star of the show. Stealing a win for the Flyers.
The Vegas Golden Nights would fire 48-shots on Hart tonight. In true Hart fashion, Hart made the big save when needed & made 47-saves to steal the game.
In Las Vegas earlier this season, Hart stole the win for the Flyers. Stopping 41 of the 44-shots his way. Including stopping 31 of the final 33-shots he faced over the final 40-minutes of play.
Result : Golden Knights 1 – Flyers 2 , WIN
Record : 18 – 28 – 10
Next Game : Thursday 3/10 vs Florida Panthers , Sunrise FL , 7:00pm
PHOTO CREDIT: Tim Nwachukwu – Getty Images
Pingback: Flyers vs Panthers: Game 57 Preview - Brotherly Bullies